The National Housing Retrofit Scheme allows homeowners who wish to significantly improve their energy rating apply for grants up to 40%. In fact, a minimum grant of 35% is available. This is great news for Irish homeowners. The grant applies to deep retrofit projects. Retrofitting means vastly improving the energy rating of an existing home by upgrading multiple aspects of its structure and energy systems. Conducting a deep retrofit will pay for itself eventually, as homeowners see massive savings on energy bills. This is also great for the environment as we move toward burning less fossil fuels to power our homes.
What is the National Housing Retrofit Scheme ?
The National Housing retrofit scheme is designed to help homeowners take their property from an energy rating of C3 or below to a B2 or higher. Grants provided from the SEAI are a direct result of the Irish government’s Climate Action Plan. Funding starts at 35% of the overall cost of home improvements. Your home must older than 2006 to apply.
How does the National Housing Retrofit Scheme Work?
If your home was built prior to 2006 and you are interested in carrying out multiple upgrades to improve your BER, you may be eligible for the National Housing Retrofit Scheme. At House 2 Home we make it convenient and painless to upgrade your home through the scheme. We are a ‘one stop shop’ for home home energy improvements. Here’s how the process works:
- Our professional surveyor will asses your home and supply you with your current BER (Building Energy Rating).
- House 2 Home retrofit experts will devise a bespoke plan to upgrade your home in the most efficient manner.
- Our finance team will apply for your grant. We discount it up front so you only ever pay the outstanding balance!
- We will complete all building work on the property to the highest possible standards.
- Finally, we asses your home again to ensure that all work has been carried out correctly and you are meeting the new BER target.
- You can relax and enjoy your new energy efficient home while we take care of the paperwork and grant funding!
Contact our experts today to get started on your project:
What is a deep retrofit?
A deep retrofit refers to improving multiple aspects of your home so that you will increase its energy efficiency. Because of the positive impact this has on the environment, the above government grants were launched.
Here are some core components of a typical deep retrofit:
• Floor Insulation.
• Wall Insulation.
• External Windows & Doors.
• Attic Insulation.
• Air Sourced Heat Pump.
• Solar PV.
• Air Tightness Measures.
• Demand Controlled Ventilation.
• Wood Burning Stove.
• Guaranteed Improved BER.
• Works verified by independent engineers.
• All building & extension works carried out by our team.
After completion, what can you expect?
• Guaranteed BER Rating Improvement.
• Full guarantee and handover pack.
• Excellent Comfort levels.
• Enhanced Control Over your Systems.
• Excellent Air Quality.
• Low Running Costs.
• A new look & feel to your home.
Benefits of Upgrading your with the National Housing Retrofit Scheme
There are many benefits to upgrading your home under the scheme. The first, of course, is the availability of funding to complete the works. But you will also save money on your utility bills. Completing a deep retrofit on your home will make it warmer and more energy efficient. This is great for the environment as it will reduce your carbon footprint. Your BER rating also directly effects the value of your property. If you complete a deep retrofit your home will be cheaper to run, warmer, less reliant on fossil fuels and more valuable!
How to apply for the National Housing Retrofit Scheme
If you would like to apply for the grant, the easiest way is to contact our team of home energy experts. We will be able to advise you on whether or not you qualify for grant funding. If there is anything you are unsure of, such as the BER of your property, we will be able to solve this for you. House 2 Home has conducted thousands of retrofits throughout Ireland so we understand how to properly asses your home and advise on upgrades.
For more information on deep retrofits, energy upgrade grants or any of our services. Please contact the experts today.